Monday, May 11, 2009

What to do ...

What to do? Oh what to do when work gets in the way of riding? You think about riding thats what. I have once again started to work on some of the logistics for a couple of the UMCA records in which I want to attempt to break this summer. I have gotten as far as deciding which ones I wish to attempt. I certainly wish to break two of them and haven't made up my mind as to which direction I want to go or if I want to go for both directions at the same time in an out and back fashion.

The VA border to border record is still on the radar and I have also put the C&O canal record on the map as well. I have ridden the canal many a times and will be excited to make claim to an attempt there. The Blue Ridge Parkway record also looks like a fun local one to try. That was until I read this story. Now I am thinking twice about doing it out of respect for the record holder. I know records were meant to be broken but I also believe some things don't need to be improved upon. Maybe I'll do it in the opposite direction, who knows what the summer will bring. Until then I have a spoke to repair.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

no time to ride!

hey did you guys move?