Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday = 1 more day

So today is Friday.  Seems the week has disappeared without really knowing it was here.  The holiday followed by a couple of days off from work made it go by quickly.  This is a good thing because tomorrow Jenn and I are leaving town after a short stint at work to join the rest of the TnT crew in Asheville.

After a short 7 months of training event weekend is here.  The Team has worked hard riding in the extreme cold and now the heat to prepare for what for many of them is going to be their first century.  I couldn't be more excited to have been able to help them along their way.  The smiles on the faces of those who are riding now what they once walked up in heap of frustration are priceless.  It won't take much convincing of me to realize they are ready.  The work has been done, now it's time to have some fun!

Part of that fun is packing.  OK there is nothing fun about packing.  Especially when you have to break it down into a couple of nights/days.  Do I need this?  Should I take that?  At some point this evening the phrase "Hey Hun, Have you seen the ____? No? Where the F is it?!" will surely be uttered.  Tonight is probably the worst part of the trip for me.  Packing will always put me into the Can we leave already?, mood.

So today, I have one more ride home from work before I spend some time wrenching on the bikes before I start packing everything up.  The morning will bring one last ride into work before Jenn arrives to start the journey.

1 comment:

Metro said...

I always find it best to pack everything up a few hours before you leave. It helps you not loose sleep over wondering where things are and if they got packed. Truth is if you don't have a certain item already readily accessible in your house then you probably don't need to pack that item.

Have fun.

Peace,
Metro