Friday, October 22, 2010

Where does it go?

Where oh where does the time go to? It doesn't feel as if it was over two weeks ago since I last wrote a short blurb of nonsense. Two things have happened since. The first being more saddle time and the second being the days are getting much shorter. In order to get the rides in, I have been riding home from work this week. I was successful in making that happen 3 of the 5 days I worked this week. There would have been a fourth day but mother nature finally agreed that Richmond smelled funny and needed a good shower.

Yesterday, I decided I was going to take the long way home which meant a climb up Old Gun. It also meant I was going to have to dig out the lights as Monday's ride home ended with me racing the moon.



Below is the map and details from the long route. My legs felt pretty good except on Old Gun. The climbing legs and lungs just aren't there yet. I hope to be making that ride more and more throughout the next couple of months. Cold air and climbs are sure to feel good.

No comments: